Virtualization is a fundamental part of the entire concept. Every component of the Gemmantics solution can be instantiated either on conventional hardware or, optionally, virtualized. While virtualization is an abstraction which introduces an additional degree of complexity, our seamless integration of virtualization uses the same interfaces. Neither the administrator nor the user will see the additional abstraction level.
Typical applications of our virtualization solutions are for example
- HA solutions for services and servers,
- providing development and test environments,
- automatic management of cloud instances, and
- management of legacy systems or specialized hardware (specialized PCs with measurement cards in Labs).
Benefits from the framework
- Inventory management: avoid dependency loops.
- Monitor underlying hardware and migrate a system if more resources are necessary without interruption.